So it turns out I don't have an email address I can use for personal business so this post is long past due! We just got privileges this week to connect to the network with our personal computers and of course mine didn't work. Awesome. So my flight-mate fixed it- yay! Until one minute later when the screen went dark for no reason- still could see the desktop but too dark to do any work. Awesome. So this is coming from another friend's computer which means I can't put pictures up, but I promise they're coming soon- and they're pretty good, so get excited.
The past three weeks have flown by and have been waaaay more fun than I ever expected. The yelling is tolerable and tapered off for the most part after the first week. I conquered the obstacle course, I got an 87.9 on my first physical fitness test, and my flight is made up of 14 really awesome people! To sum it up, I'm taking the Air Force by storm!
Marching is the new walking so I'm getting pretty good at staying in step. We have a guy in our flight that's really good at coming up with chants so we march everywhere entertaining people with our awesome-ness. Besides getting almost no sleep and getting sick of cafeteria food I'm having a really great time. We have privileges to go anywhere on base this weekend and there is an air show so my flight and I are hoping to eat somewhere on base besides the chow hall and maybe even go bowling. Other than that it's studying and the air show!
We just took our second physical fitness test this morning which is the official one that will follow me to my first base. Round two: I added 5 push-ups, 7 sit-ups, and took a minute off my mile and a half run. If I had ran six seconds faster my score would have gotten into the excellent range! My final score was 89.75! A 90 is excellent- I was robbed!
Starting last week awards have been handed out at the end of the week for the best flight academic-wise, athletic-wise, and overall. Last week and this week my flight took all three awards!! The other flights are pretty angry about it because I'm in the flight that gets in the most trouble for goofing off- apparently we're still pulling our act together though! After flight awards they hand out squadron awards for the same things which just means it's up against more people (this is getting confusing!) At the squadron level my flight got academic flight! Next week is the last week for awards and we have a test Monday, and a 5K Friday so we're hoping to take all three on both levels (so six awards total if we 'bring home the gold'!) Another advantage my flight has is that we all get along really well. From what we hear from other flights people are not meshing as well as we are. I really lucked out!
With any luck I'll get my computer back up and running or in some other way get pictures posted. So keep checking because my updates are likely to be sporadic!
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it was good to hear your voice. you sound happy. i love you!!
ReplyDeleteyay molly!!!!! a few quesions: what is a flight? do you live with these people? what is an air show? and post pictures can't wait to see!! so happy to hear you're doing so well.
ReplyDelete