Monday, April 12, 2010

Biloxi!

These are the pictures I have of my new surroundings. Thus far, I LOVE it! I can walk to the beach, I can walk to work, I'm surrounded by good food- what's not to love?! I found a place to rent that is literally right outside the base gate so as soon as I move in feel free to come visit. The train goes by every now and then but I think I'll get used to it pretty quick.

This is where I'm staying until I move into my own place. The room I'm in is just like a regular hotel room but with a little fridge/freezer, toaster, coffee maker, and microwave. It's a pretty good setup actually.

This is a water tower on base. I just liked it.

This is my view as I'm driving off base.

This is the view at the first stop light outside of base. See how close I am to the beach?

This is the house I'm hoping to rent. I'll post more pictures if it ends up working out. It's roughly a three minute walk to the beach and a ten minute walk to work. (It's only a 30 second walk to base but the hospital is all the way at the back).

In summary, my life here is pretty hard so far.

I'll post more pictures as I get them! I should be able to move into my own place in two or three weeks, I think. Then my dogs can move down too hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment